Old 09-23-2013, 06:03 PM
meanmom

I would love to do anything by Judy Neimeyer. I really, really want to do her Mariners compass quilt. I have the pattern and some of the fabric for it. Now to just get the time. Life and sleep interfere with my quilting. My nieces and nephews and kids keep having babies and I have to make baby quilts. I also have several quilts to make for customers. Hopefully after Christmas. I also would love to do something by Jacqueline De Jonge. Haven't picked a pattern from there yet.
From reading this I also saw Judy Martins -Finger Lakes Log cabin. I guess I will add that to my to do list.
I thought I wanted to make a Dear Jane. I made about 15 blocks and decided it was not for me. I didn't enjoy it at all. I have thought about making my own version of a Dear Jane.. Maybe make a bunch of 4 1/2 inch blocks that I like and put them together like a Dear Jane. Maybe add the triangle blocks from the Dear Jane? Just something floating around in my head.
I will try anything. Just dive in and do it. My first quilt was a paper pieced, Carol Doak star with 64 pieces in each block. You will never know if you can do it if you don't try it.