Old 09-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

[QUOTE=ArchaicArcane;6312034]Hi All,
1. Why does my iron not want to remove all wrinkles? I think part of this is a factor of the chemicals and sizings applied to fabric at the manufacturer's. And also could be a factor of a comment you made about the ironing surface you use......for instance it might be more efficient to use an ironing surface that is nearly flat, no padding except one thin layer of cotton batting and one layer of silvery ironing board cover. To me this makes a flatter seam.

2. Is how wrinkled the fabric was on the bolt any indicator of the quality of the fabric? There's that fabric chemical issue again; and many sewists believe that these substances are used more often and are heavier on less expensive fabrics to give them better "hand".

3. Quilt sizes. I'm making a queen size, and the dimensions mystify me. [QUOTE] If you are human you have an opinion; the same with bedding sizes.....don't we all wish they were entirely, across-the-board standard?! This is one of the reasons why I personally make my quilts a size to suit ME. Because I usually design my own patterns, it's easy to add or decrease at will. Quilts talk to me and often tell me what size they want to be.....if you are a fairly new quilter, you'll get this eventually!

Jan in VA