Thread: windows xp is
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Nanamoms

Oh yes, XP which I love. Have one laptop with XP on it and many of my embroidery programs run on XP. There are still many techs who have XP saved on thumb drives (believe it!!) and will support it. These are private techs so you will probably have to pay for support as needed but at least it's still available.

I was just learning Windows 7 because my desktop crashed and I had to purchase a new one. I also just purchased a Laptop with Windows 8 which is so totally different. I do have an iphone 3G which I still can't use well so all the swiping was so foreign to me. My 3yo grandson actually can use it better than I can! LOL

I'm going to try to keep my XP for use with my embroidery machine because it takes the USB cord and not a thumb drive so I'm not sure if it will "read" anything from Windows 7 or 8. I'm not going to surf the web with it though, mainly because my modem died and ATT/Yahoo cannot get the "new" one to work on XP...and they won't help you with it unless you sign up for their 3rd party service! Uggghhhhh!!

Another drawback to XP is that many of the new printers won't sync with it. So always double check that!

I'm of the generation that if it isn't broken, don't mess with it!! But I guess they want to sell new operating systems!