Old 10-06-2013, 02:55 AM
beadywoman

Originally Posted by Charming View Post
My daughter loves having quilts but doesn't like making them but she wants to learn sewing, mainly clothing. God know I am not lacking machines but she wants a cute machine...sigh
So she asked me if I would buy her a Hello kitty machine (did I mention she is 17???) lol

I looked online and I came up with 3-4 Janome Hello kitty machines and she likes this one:

Janome 11706 3/4 Size Hello Kitty Sewing Machine

The rating is very good on Amazon but I would still like to get an opinion from my great fellow quilters. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and happy quilting
if she has an interest in sewing, definitely foster that interest! But before buying that Hello Kitty, have her check out Claire Rawley's YouTube videos on painting sewing machines. That might grab her interest more than a Hello Kitty, and would then allow the two of you to visit some sewing machine stores to look for used machines that might be able to do more as her interest grows. And even if she sews for a little while and then moves on to something else, she may turn back to sewing later, just like a lot of us did.