Old 10-07-2013, 05:58 PM
blueheavenfla

Red face

Miriam, your dear Wilbur and Miss L must keep you laughing a great deal of the time. I know that after you post of their antics, I just crack up reading about them. I miss having GK around but mine are too old to keep me laughing and the GGKs aren't old enough and live too far away. I envy you.

I bought 6 machines for $80 a couple days ago. Now to get rid of the backache from loading them and hauling them back out of the car again. They were filthy and needed to be cleaned by just brushing the dirt off and a damp cloth before I would even consider putting them in the garage. I paid the most for the treadle Propeller with Junker Ruh irons and a coffin top. The other 5 are green Singer EP192144, a 66 in a peeling greenish veneer cabinet, a Brother Fleetwood, a 15 (I think) ND865707 and a 15 AK 170104. The Propeller was disassembled and shipped from Germany where a fellow in the military had purchased it used about 20 or more years ago and then reassembled in the US when he returned and gave it to a friend. I haven't had the time (or desire) to do anything more with the machines. I am leading a group of about 6-8 at my home on the cleaning and refurbishing of the wood and the metal so with the ones that I had previously purchased, each "student" will have a machine of his or her own to work on. Not too sure about the Brother as it seems to be a bit more modern. Evaporust, here we come. I did take photos but again, time is in my way. It will be next month before I can get to them. Thank goodness the group meets only once a month. Then they can go home and have a month to practice on their own machines. They were refurbishing the drawers on a previously purchased machine when one commented on the slave labor. I told her she was getting paid with knowledge. We are taking it really, really slow.

See what you all started!

Last edited by blueheavenfla; 10-07-2013 at 06:02 PM.