Old 10-08-2013, 02:16 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
You are welcome, CindyA. Our sunshine child, middle one, we named Cindy. Not Cynthia, just Cindy Rae. Always had great ideas, and a quick smile. National Merit Scholar, and at graduation from University of Houston, Texas., Old President Bush grabbed her hand to shake and wish her well, surprised and scared her a bit. I guess since she was just five foot two, had blonde hair and blue eyes, she stood out in the electronic engineering degree line. Today, she is happily married, (to a guy that matches her IQ or exceeds it) and has our only grandson, who is five years old and very knowledgeable.
QuiltingNinaSue, that's very nice: Cindy Rae. No wonder she is your sunshine child!! And smart, to boot. I'm sure it will be fun to see what your grandson does, I'm sure he'll be smart like his parents!

The story for me was that supposedly my sister wanted to name me Cindy and my father said yes on the condition that I be called Cynthia, not Cindy. Well, guess what my first act of independence at the age of 8 yrs was? Yep, call me Cindy. LOL

Happy stitching everyone. I'm about halfway through the log cabin block but may not have a chance to work on it today. I'm having trouble picking the colors for the outer star points and need to ponder it a while before I commit.