View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Airwick156

I have a brother xl2600 that we bought at walmart jan 6, 2006. It has the needle threader which I really love as im visually handicapped and cant thread the needle. It was my 2nd brother nachine I bought from walmart. The first one, I sold to my friends 9 year old daughter for $75 dollars. She wanted me to teach her how to sew...now I have to say I was just learning myself at that time. She worked walking our dogs, sometimes pulling weeds, just little chores and every week when she got her $2.00 allowance she would run to my apt (we lived next door) and give it to me and we had a chart on my fridge that she would keep track of what she earned and paid me. until she earned $75. She was so proud of herself as that was a big accomplishment. She kept it at my house and every day she came over and her and I sewed we made placemats and simple table runners and Christmas stockings for everyone in her family that year. And so I bouggt the second Brother from Walmart and still use it. Recently my daughter gave me her Singer Sew Mate she bought from Walmart and I Love it. Only part I dont like is it doesnt have a drop in bobbin.