Old 10-13-2013, 12:52 PM
cricket_iscute

Originally Posted by mcgeeca View Post
I use this same excuse. Except I have six years to go.
I did this, and I'm glad I did. I called it my Fabric IRA. I retired five years before I expected to because of layoffs due to the economy. At this point, I could not go out fabric shopping due to the budget, but I do have enough fabric to last me a long, long time. I also make quilts for homeless families and people give me fabric they don't want anymore for those quilts. I have a small house, and it is stuffed with fabric unmercifully, much to my husband's dismay. I am trying to clean it up, really I am.

One of my strategies to clean it up was to buy a cutting machine. Now if only I hadn't recently discovered the Accuquilt GO, the machine and dies for which have done an awful number on my budget! However, the results are wonderful! You can save so much time and it's easy to use. Fair warning, if you get a die cutting machine, you will want more dies, more mats, more dies, more mats... Sort of like an addiction, you know, except that at some point you will finally have all the dies you want.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 10-13-2013 at 12:58 PM.