View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 03:18 PM
redbugsullivan

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
The machines come up at very reasonable prices all over the country if a person watches. Some of them come up serviced and ready to use for reasonable prices, too. There are a lot of forums where you do not talk about prices at all. I think it is a good idea.
I understand your position and the passion behind it. But please consider this. If I had not read this thread and realized HOW little could be spent, I never would have purchased my first Morse. Sometimes, IMHO, cost should be discussed. It seems like a differing of opinions doesn't have to be exclusive. The correct solution would be to start a thread for discussion! Different isn't wrong, it's just different. And that's what makes our lives interesting.

Grant, I did use electrical cleaner on the motor already. It needs new carbon brushes. When reinstalling them, one was literally crumbling to bits. Just purchased a bundle of them on EBay, including new springs. I think a motor rebuilding day will be in my future. Caroline S. just needs to come over and join me!!