View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 01:50 PM
darkwolf423

Default Help with first quilt

So, I'm currently 5 months pregnant with our first baby, and as are most crafty mamas got it into my head that, "I WILL MAKE EVERYTHING!" Of course, this includes a quilt. Specifically, an applique character quilt. The nursery theme is My Neighbor Totoro which is an adorable child's movie. I have the top done, but I'm at a lost as to how I should actually quilt it. I was thinking I could just echo the appliques. But the appliques are so large, that I think those need to be quilted too but I know nothing about quilting. I am a learn-as-I-go person. This is really how I prefer to go about learning new things, so please humor me.

So this the top of the quilt (the green is where it will end). Will echo stitching (I think thats the right term) be enough? Or do I need to quilt inside the appliques as well? If I do need to quilt the inside the applique, what kind of pattern would you recommend? I don't want the stitching to clash with the character forms or the fabric. Totoro (the grey beast) and the soot sprites (self explanatory) are microfleece. The rest is flannel. Thanks in advanced for the clarifications and suggestions!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]441766[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1393586_10201472551148309_1999531911_n.jpg