Old 10-18-2013, 04:58 AM
Elisabrat

I lived in the voods as my mother would have called them. We had dozens of wild turkeys that came into our park. we were surrounded by national forest and our park (a private camp ground) was safe haven during hunting season. don't let anyone say those are dumb birds they were smart enough to wanderin our park where no one would shoot them. I cringed during hunting season. You see I feed those birds daily. They came for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in winter when the snow was so deep you couldn't put food out on the ground I put it on my front porch and they would come up 8 steps to get it and well.. I opened the front door so the cats could sit there in awe behind the safe screen and watch them. They will chase a car if the male feels threatened for his females and no dog I know or cat would take one on.. they watch them and they leave them be. Mean they can be. Me, I loved them and still do. I miss my turkeys a whole lot. They are so ugly they are beautiful (now who is the dork in the group???)