View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Alvina

Red face Salvage 1

Hi all....a little story, while cleaning out my in-law's estate, I found these two sewing machine cases. They were very heavy, but I opened them up and found these beautifully scrolled and shiny machines. They were both missing foot pedals and a few minor items, but I thought they must be worth something. I started searching for info on these two machines to see if I could find any manual or parts to complete them and low and behold, I came across this forum! After reading all 44 pages, I knew I had to salvage these beauties if not for myself (I never sewed a stitch in my life, but needed to many times ) for a friend or relative who was in need of a machine. I bought a foot pedal and swapped parts between the machines until I had a complete working clone. After threading and some testing I found it worked great. I then put it to the test and sewed some new velcro tabs on my motorcycle jacket. WOW! I was impressed. the only problem encountered was I couldn't get enough pressure on the foot and the needle would pull it up on the way up, but a light pressure from a free finger solved that issue. I am now happy to say at least one of these beauties will be joining our family along side our Singer Stylist ( which I just replaced the plastic feed gears in ). I haven't seen any pics of either of these models, so felt compelled to share these. The Packard is from Occupied Japan, the Coronado was made in Japan. Still gathering parts to complete the Coronado, tension spring/knob and belt so I can test that one. Thanks Everyone for all the pics and info, it helped me immensely!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]442005[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]442006[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1008.jpg   img_1009.jpg