View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

I chaired the holiday fair for my church for many, many years, and also made things for sale. Initially, I did holiday table runners, wall hangings, etc.; then the people asked for more things representing other holidays. I made baby quilts, table runners, placemats, wall hangings, with a variety of seasons and different uses. Last year I had my own table to sell things and I made Bow Tucks bags, in a great variety of fabrics, and they sold like wild fire, much to my surprise. I did have some people ask for the bags when I first made them, so I did have a few bags already sold, however, I sold 11 bags that day, and I was ecstatic. This year I'm making a few bags, along with wall hangings and some table runners, placemats, so I'm hoping for the best. However, I wish I had a crystal ball that would tell me what to make that would sell, it really depends on the people attending the fair. Ask your friends what they would be interested in buying and take it from there. When people know your work they are more likely to buy. Hope this helps.