Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 AM
MichelleDenise

Default Fraying material, how not to pick this type of fabric again.

I am finishing up a quilt that I started in a class a couple of years ago. The store owner helped me pick out my color selection. Most of the colors were in a grouping and the material is really nice and has held up well during the quilt piecing project. I am now sewing my rows and during the piecing process I have noticed one fabric that we picked not in the grouping has really frayed or has lots of strings hanging from it. I will admit I have handled the fabric a lot but the better quality fabric has held up very well. This other main color is a white cotton with a light green small pattern in it. I would mainly call it a background color. It looks thin or see through and has frayed or raveled a lot. It has been a pain. In the future I would like to make sure I don't ever get any fabric like this in the future. I wondered if there are any tips when looking at fabric on the bolt that you would suggest, so I don't have this problem in the future. It really has been a pain since I am a beginner. Thank you!