View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Thank You Everyone ... I was out of town for a couple of days and came back to an overwhelming number of positive comments. Thank you SO much. I and sorry, but cannot respond to everyone, but want you to know how much I do appreciate what you have all said. I hope that many of you will take what I have done and run with it. I know I have not done anything new. Though I know for me that sometimes I "
finally" we it differently when I see it done by someone else. So go for it, Ladies and Gents!

Originally Posted by oksewglad
How did you transfer BFly design to fabric? Was thinking you could trace onto freezer paper and iron it down before sewing around the edge. Would that work?
I just used a ceramic pencil and looked at the butterfly part that was there, and tried to do a reflection of it on the green. When there was just a wee bit of a butterfly showing and I did not have much to go on, then I looked at the others and tried to make a butterfly. As you can see, some looked better than others.

For the plant material, I went totally solo ... no chalk likes and either continued a design I had done on the print or went freehand (or should I say freeneedle? hhmmmm guess that's true FMQ?) and winged it!

OKSGlad, your freezer paper suggestion is a good one ... I know some have done that and I have not tried it yet. I must remember and give it a try another time.

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
What a great idea. You have gotten practice and you've turned a few scraps into something wonderful.
Thanks SparkysMom ... I do better doing something for "real" instead of a practice sandwich that leaves a lot to the imagination. Plus if I make an oops, I tend to say, oh who cares and then it becomes a jumbled mess. Whereas with something potentially as a "keeper" , I take it more serious and if there are those oops moments, then I will, OK, can't mess this up, and then, how can I turn this oops into an opportunity?

Originally Posted by jillnjo
QuiltE, you did fantastic work on the tablerunner! Your fern is thread painting! Your mind had a good plan! Keep working and it will get easier and easier.
Thanks JillNJo ... I wasn't quite sure what thread painting really is. I started with some outlining on some of the leaves etc., then that fern was so fine and delicate that outlining wasn't working. It was kind of a fun thing once I got going with it. Oh dear, don't get me hooked on something more!