Old 11-11-2013, 07:09 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

My DH brought home a Kenmore this weekend. I was all happy and everything til he told me how he got it. I'm like no no no. One of the guys who works for him let DH have it and all the attachments and the manual for $50.00. Told DH his wife hasn't used if for awhile (?). How long was awhile? Told him to call the guy and found out his wife nearly shot him. This machine was clean as a whistle. Very well kept. She hadn't used it in a couple years because she had a bit of burn out and kids moved back home with grand kids and was inundated with family chaos. They had overtaken her sewing room. She also worked outside the home. She decided recently she was going to start back to sewing because it was good for Christmas gifts and didn't have a lot of money. She didn't know he sold it AND for $50.00. I want an extra sewing machine for a back up but there's no way I'm keeping this one. DH called and we took it back to her. We got our money back (that wasn't the point) she needed her sewing machine. Dh looked at me and said "Guess next time I'll ask why it's being sold and does the owner know it's being sold." She really used that machine. Every curtain and slipcover and quilt/bedcovering and most of the clothes on her kids backs when they were younger were constructed on that machine. The attachments were in a Ziploc. I had an old jewelry box with sections in it. When opened couple bottom drawers would jut out. I put those in the jewelry box and gave to her. She was delighted and thankful.