Old 11-11-2013, 01:19 PM
PenniF

Not sure what part of Texas you're in Neesie...but it's been a little chilly here in north TX for snakes to be out at night...ground hog...or... rats??.....which are everywhere so no one needs to say YUK !!! Would they trip the camera or be slinky enough / low to the ground enough to hid in the grass??
Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Any mystery solvers, among us? Well, the night before last, I put out three (very, very ripe) bananas, over by the tree line (well away from the house, by the far birdbath). Figured the raccoons might like them. I put out the motion sensor night camera, to 'catch' them. Yesterday morning, the bananas were gone. I checked the videos on the camera and the very first was of a cat, sauntering up to the birdbath, for a drink. The bananas were already gone! They were good-sized bananas . . . and THREE of them, so how could something have sneaked up and taken them, without triggering the camera??? Birds aren't large enough to trigger it . . . but there's no way small birds could have carried off three bananas. DH suggested a snake. Now I have this image in my head, of a snake swallowing and slithering off, with three big bananas, in his belly! Seriously, this is very, very weird!