Old 11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
QKO

Originally Posted by Stacey K. View Post
I just wanted to say that I understand everyone's frustration. I am going from Vista to Windows 8. I couldn't even figure out how to shut the computer off. Needless to say, I am still fighting with my slow Vista computer because I think it is even slower trying to get Windows 8 to work.
New Win8 is a LOT faster on pretty much any computer it'll run on. Some things are in different places, but once you learn them, you'll probably like it.

A couple of tips - 1) to find different settings or applications, use the search facility. Press the windows button on keyboard to go to home screen, move cursor to upper or lower right corner and on the popout that appears, click on the magnifying glass icon. You can then search on apps, settings, etc. For instance, to change a default printer, click on settings and search on "default printer." Then click on what appears on left.

2) To power down or restart - same thing, move cursor to upper or lower right corner of screen, click on Settings in the popout, then click on Power at bottom of screen.

3) For normal work, it's easy to use the old interface, just click on the Desktop icon on the main screen.