Old 11-26-2013, 01:49 PM
CookyIN

As promised, here is my recipe for Pecan Tassies. It's from my 1966 copy of Better Homes and Gardens "Cookies and Candies".

Pecan Tassies

1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour

1 egg
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash salt
2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans

For pastry, blend together cream cheese and butter. Stir in flour. Chill at least one hour. Cut into 24 equal pieces and roll each into a ball. Place in ungreased mini muffin pans. Press dough evenly against bottom and up sides.

For filling, beat together egg, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Sprinkle a few pecans into each pastry shell (you should used approx. half the pecans). Spoon filling mixture into each cup. Sprinkle each cup with the remaining pecans.

Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool before removing from pans.

Tips: I always double the recipe, and it does fine. When pushing the pastry into the tins, be sure there are no gaps or too-thin spots as the filling can leak out when baking. I use light-colored mini muffin pans, so I place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven. I cool the pastries slightly and remove from pan while still warm. If the bottom is browned, the tassie goes onto a cooling rack. If not, it goes onto a dark colored cookie sheet with any other too-light ones. I lay a piece of foil over all and return the sheet to the oven for approx. 5 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned. Immediately remove from the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Enjoy!