View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 07:04 AM
Rose S.

Originally Posted by judylg View Post
I have a Shark, not sure on model, have had it for a few years. I never use the steam, have well water and it would make a mess I am sure in the iron, keep a water bottle on my ironing board, if I need to use steam I use this. It is a heavy iron, took me awhile to like that, but I do now. It has automatic shut off, I like this as I do walk away at times from this area and forget it, no need to worry for me. It only takes a few minutes to heat back up. Just my opinion. After reading the above comments not sure what to think of the shark. I like mine.
I really thought I was going to like mine, too...and honestly don't mind using the water bottle much at all. It is just that it definitely does not get as hot as it first did.

And as I said in the beginning post of this thread, I like the auto shut off, too. I just don't like how hard it is to turn it back on. All the previous irons I have had, I could turn them off and back on and they would start again. Not this one...I have to bump the bottom of it agains the ironing board or else unplug it and plug it back in. Which is okay part of the time, but then others it is a pain in the butt to reach cause I have a drawer pulled out and my little ironing matt setting on it...and I cannot reach the plug-in easily then. I am in a tight area and have to move everything to get to the plug in.

I went back and read reviews at Amazon, and there was sure a mixed bag....sort of like here.