View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Mary&me

Thank you all for the compliments, it was a lot rougher when we found it at good will. I was pleasently surprised to find the belt readily available at our local sewing shop, they claimed they had sold 3 that day. After rewiring with a cord from an old vacume cleaner, a little oil and widow cleaner made it look and run great. I agree it has been well loved, the ware to the reostat and other parts attest to its years of service. Also the henge's were falling apart, ordered a close set from e bay and machined out the differences.
Found all of you when I wanted to know more about the machine, I have read this string and the string on the little old laidies, decided to post here as I felt our machine had more in common with the machines posted here. By the way loved seeing and reading about each one.
I don't think our foot pedal is made as yours, ours has the reostat out front with the henge point near the middle. The effect is the same, cooler for your foot, however given the condition of the reostat, I am thinking about using a replacement.
I am curious about atachments, any suggestions?