Old 12-03-2013, 04:45 AM
KyKaren1949

This is the group that won The Sing Off last year. I taught Kevin Olusola in 5th grade here in Owensboro, KY. He's the beatboxer that makes all the percussion sounds with his mouth. Kevin is a fascinating guy. He has always been fascinated by music; plays cello, piano and several other stringed instruments; he has a gorgeous voice himself and I was so glad to hear him sing in one of the Christmas songs on this CD. Kevin recently graduated from Harvard with a pre-med degree and had intended to go on to medical school, but had several opportunities in the musical field so decided to check it out first before attending med school. I watched him play cello with The Tonight Show one night and he's performed in many other well known venues. He also speaks fluent mandarin Chinese! Amazing guy!!! His mother, Curline, is a nursing professor and father, Oluwole, is a psychiatrist. Kevin's grandfather is actually a King in one of the African countries. They are deeply religious and wonderful people. I was thrilled to watch their progress on The Sing Off and find this entire group extremely talented.