View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Cherokeequilter

Default Look at the new LED for better light!

I have started to get rid of the CFL lights as I didn't like the light and just found a whole new line of LED lights in "Daylight" mode. According to Consumer Reports these are better as they are cooler and the light is wonderful for all my "cam" lights & my sewing lights as it is brighter. I took Consumer Reports information and found the LEDs at Walmart's Great Value brand were a lot less and came in bulbs that look very much like the old standard bulbs. This really works well especially when I am working on my HQ16 sit down machine. Take a look at these as they last longer and we have now replaced all the outside spot lights with them. Well worth it when you have a four story house and have to call someone with a special ladder to change the lights when they go out. I accidentally broke a CFL-curly bulb while sewing and the glass was really a mess plus it is recommended you open the windows & air out the room for 30 minutes after breakage due to the mercury. Try getting that out of your project! They are not worth it. I will save my money & invest in the new LEDs!

Last edited by Cherokeequilter; 12-15-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: typing