Old 12-18-2013, 01:00 PM
KalamaQuilts

Lisa! Holding you and your mum in the pocket of my heart. Here's hopeing it was a mild one, the type that are just a wake up call.

Emma, I've pieced my backs for at least 20 years. My dear jane was two sided! Still can't believe what possessed me to do that. I usually just pick a square size, usually in some color range like yellow green orange etc. I complete it to 4 large pieces and when I know the size of the top I add strips across and down to bring it up to size. The beauty of pieced backs is the quilts really are reversible because a plainer back shows the quilting off to advantage. And yet it is good stewardship of my dollars and stash.

I'm just putting the borders on what will be the back of this mystery. Not simple but interesting. Since I'm not at home I don't have access to my stash, but I brought up a stack of reds and some small boxes of leftovers from other quilts. I thought it would probably look like a dogs dinner but am liking it a lot. I'll take a photo when I have the camera out for the next linky.

Quilt Cam tonight 6PM west coast 9 PM east coast USA.

Sharyn