Old 12-19-2013, 08:26 AM
QuiltedCello

Nope, I'm a bad aunt I get to corrupt the little guy, hehehehe..... Naw, he's a good kid and I love him. Besides, he's 8, so he's not a crazy amount of work (in my mind that is) and Momma and baby need to settle in a bit, and he's happier with me. He still gets to see Mommy and Daddy, but he also gets ALL my attention and doesn't have to share. Which is what helps him not be so stinking jealous of a new sibling when he's been an only kid for 8 years, I think. Life changes, but he's still very important to everyone.

Plus, when you make a cathedral window quilt using 18" as the starting square, it goes together crazy fast. I question his choices in colors, but it's not to be for me, so I just indulge. Also found some damaged minky in lime green and orange. It's now big pinwheels for the back of his quilt. Yes, not needed, but he likes it. It's going to be brown, tans, greens, yellows and oranges. He couldn't find any good enough patterns, so I'm going to sew the blocks down and make the stitching into dinosaurs. He's a dino fan. I may sneak a pink dino or so in, teehee.

Hrm, I'm steady. Which isn't that bad, considering it's holidays.