View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Dina

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Dina,
I also bought that book and planned my first bargello to also be that Surf Song pattern! great minds think alike. I also like your placement, and think that would be good first practice for me as well. Now if I can just decide on colors......
Thanks!
Jeanne
I went back and forth between colors. At first I wanted to do blue and turquoise, but I couldn't find enough turquoise. My favorite colors are purple and blue, so that is what I decided on...finally. I took my time with fabric section, and even after I had my mind all made up, I had to switch one because it turned out I didn't even have 1/4 yard of it. It was from my stash, as were about half of my choices. I started off wanting batiks, but didn't stick to that. I think one of the ones from my stash was a batik though. I decided I could get a batik look if I selected tone on tone fabrics or fabrics that "read as one color."

I also got a lot of help from quilters on this board. When I was trying to arrange the fabric from light to dark, I took pictures and got a lot of good suggestions.

Enjoy the process though. It is fun.

Dina