Old 12-21-2013, 07:43 PM
PaperPrincess
Power Poster

Originally Posted by karensue View Post
Okay thanks for all the replies
looks like hubby just had a different idea for me he doesn't like the idea now of me during the table thinks ill just kinda " junk it up" either stuff underneath so he has come up with new idea
I can give the local kitchen design place make me one. He is thinking 2 cabinets side by died on each side so I will then have 4cabinets with doors to hide my stuff
he was thinking 36 wide by 48 long and I am clueless to correct height. (I am 5'w2")?.??
any more suggestions as to going this route. He said I can also have wheels on bottom in case I want to move it
karensue
The cabinets are a good idea and have been used by many. There is a special forum on this board "Mission: Organization" with pictures and tips on all kinds of sewing room furniture & organization. You can access it from the home menu. As far as the height is concerned, I would actually do a bit of cutting on different surfaces in your house to see which one is most comfortable. I'm also 5'2" and like my kitchen island which is 36" high. Remember to add in the height of the wheels when ordering the cabinets and make sure the wheels have locks.