Old 12-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Marvel

Loretta,honey you have learned something from this pattern already. If it were mine I would take the large 8 points apart from eachother. Lay them on top of each other. Now begin the inner most point all 8 points with the same colored piece. .Then the second round of pieces should all be the same,and so on. When you get done all 8 large pieces of the star should be pieced the same. Now take 2 of the and sew together. Sew the second pair to each other. So now you have 2 sections of 2 large points. Lay them together and sew this 1/2 of the large together. Its not so hard when you get the idea. Make the second half of the large star. Then sew it together. Now on to the setting pieces. If you have enough material replace the smallet one. The edges should extend about an inch after they are sewed on. This way when you trim if necessary you will not cut off the points of the large star. You can add a border to the size you need. I made a lot of the same mistakes when I started. I really learned by trial and error. Best of luck to you. Oakie Quilter