View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 04:43 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tinker View Post
Love it, I'm sure it paper pieced, I want the Flying Geese, If I could PLEASE have the name of the pattern. Thanks in advance. Tinker
sorry, tinker= it Is not paper pieced (beyond I copied the pattern onto freezer paper, pressed it to the fabric, and meticulously cut out each and every piece with an exacto knife. it is a reversible applique technique. the dark purple was my *base* fabric; I applied fusible (heat & bond lite) to the wrong side of the fabric, then pressed the freezer paper pattern to the top *right side* of the fabric. had a second copy of the pattern taped over my light box with the orange fabric taped over the pattern so I could see the pattern through it. as I cut out each piece from the purple I would peel off the freezer paper (template now) take the purple fabric to the orange- place it where it belonged- use the freezer paper template to cut out the colored (or white) fabric going on the purple side- place the new piece behind the 'window' I had opened- and do the next one...I only cut out 2 or 3 pieces at a time- or one section at a time depending on the section. the most difficult and time consuming was the center (flying geese) looking section- and I started there- when that section was all done then I moved on to larger- easier areas....then flipped the master pattern over- retraced it backwards and started all over again.