View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 04:43 AM
Edie

I hate to be the rotten egg in the crowd, but I do one thing at a time. I may plan for my next project and put it on a Stickie, but , no I only have one project in the works. I do have a Christmas quilt that is cross stitch, satin and straight stitch and I have been working on that for four years now. I take it with me when I go somewhere and want to keep the old hands busy. BUt Quilting?????? No! One thing at a time. For one thing, it pushes me to complete a quilt or whatever I am making and two, it makes me finish what I have started and not put a quilt in the works on a back burner. Finish what I start and then go on to the next. Plan ahead for what you want to do - pick out the colors, write it down in a notebook, and then set it aside and finish up what you have started. I can enjoy what I am working on without having to think "Hey, I have to hurry up here and get this done." This is why I enjoy quilting. I don't have to rush. If I don't sew today, I can sew tomorrow. Which reminds me - I am taking the tree down today and am putting my sewing back in its place for 2014. If I get to sew, fine, if not, I'll put the ornaments and Christmas decorations away. Whatever and whenever I feel. I have two pair of quilted curtains that I had to put away to put the tree up and this is what I am going to do when the machine is ready to go. Have a great day. Edie