Thread: EQ Software
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 03:06 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
I have EQ7. I like it, but it is not easy to learn or use. I worked as system analyst - wrote requirements, tested, wrote user guides for computer systems - so if it was easy to use, I would know it. It's major fault is that it is not intuitive at all. If you can get past that, it's very useful.

The documentation and video tutorials included with it is fairly good, but I think it is not comprehensive enough. You must be extremely determined to learn it and use it.

After saying that, I used it to design my granddaughters 'snake' quilt. I'd been searching for a snakey pattern for almost 3 years, and by playing around with EQ7, I had it! I gave her the quilt for Christmas; she loves the quilt, so that made EQ7 worthwhile to me.

Cathy, you articulated everything I found it to be. It is not "intuitive". For simple fun "designing" i use the dumbed down Quilt Wizard by EQ. I usually want to play with dimensions, etc and QW is intuitive enough for me. I am impressed with all of the functions EQ has to offer but in the end, I do not have a real "design" mind.

i also don't have the desire ti be a long arm quilter but I certainly admire those who do.

Piecer
designer
long arm quilter

All work teogether.

sandy