Old 01-07-2014, 07:53 PM
Everose

Happy New Year's to all you quilters! Just got back from vacation and such - yes, my computer didn't work while we were gone. Had a house fire 2 days before we left. Thank the Lord, I was home so that I could call 911. I was the crazy lady standing on the sidewalk holding my red purse (we must have a pop of color, I'm told), wearing my purple booties, ugly pj's and long winter coat. It was at 8:30 a.m. and wasn't really ready for the day. Really wanted to go back into the house, take a shower, and say to all the firemen, police and ambulance people - I DON'T USUALLY LOOK THIS BAD. Now that we have been allowed into the house to live on the main floor, the cleaning company has boxed, packed and carted away all my fabric, sewing supplies and sewing machines along with all the rest of the furniture and belongings in the basement. The plumber and electrician are coming back tomorrow, but the cleaning company has been called away to another emergency. And I thought 2014 would be a quiet year! So yes I have the top done on the wall hanging, and it was upstairs, but... the waiting now starts as to when the machines will be found.