View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:01 PM
maviskw

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
All this talk reminds me of the time we had been to the Kennedy Center with two busloads of college students, and were admiring the draperies. They were 60 feet long, gold, and I think they covered a whole wall of windows. On the bus afterwards, somebody got the idea how to make some new draperies. The boys were just as interested in this as the girls. The discussion went on for a few hours about how many sheep we would need to get the wool to weave the fabric to make the drapes that Jackie had.
Oops! My time bottomed out to edit, but my mind was still working on it. Is this off topic? Maybe, but it goes to show how we look at another's things and try to figure out how to do it or what to make of it.

This was not a college group; we were on a trip for 4-H, so we were all adults. And those drapes had been hanging there for more than 20 years and we were told they were thinking about replacing them. That's how the talk got started.

We wanted to know how much land would be needed for enough sheep to produce the wool that would be carded into the slivers that would be spun into the yarn to be woven into the fabric to make the drapes that Jackie had.

Last edited by maviskw; 01-12-2014 at 10:03 PM.