View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 05:05 PM
VickiM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
such pretty quilts in the making! I love how everyone has chosen the 'right' round for their quilts. I am so thrilled to see so many people have joined and are working along with each other. This is what makes it so fun.. you can audition your blocks, your rounds. One look at someone elses border might inspire you to think hey that would look great on my center too. Easier to visualize I think if there is something concrete to inspire you
You hit it right on the head...I knew what fabric I wanted to use, but really didn't want to cut it up for the center. So I added a border to make it 24 1/2" sq. I just loved jenniky's ribbon she was putting on hers. I thought it was perfect for framing my center. As I had never made that border pattern before & there was no finished measurements on the printout, I had to make the whole border first, then found out that the center needed to be 24 1/2". That's how I decided on the size of my center...a little backwards, but it worked. I love that border & now that I've made it & found it was easier than it looked (just have to make sure the pieces are in all the right positions); I will use it for other quilts! Thanks Jen for the heads up on it! And my quilt is already 36" sq. as it is a 6 1/2" border! It is going to be a quilt for a future great-grandbaby so I will only do another border or 2 on it. I keep looking at it and am almost of a mind to just add another white/white border on it and then a border of the co-ordinating fabric. The back will be pieced with the leftovers & it will be bound with whichever I have enough to bind it with--yellow or green. The actual finishing will be in the future...just want to get the front & backing done right at the time. Anyway, here's the pics.
Attached Thumbnails close-up-fabric.jpg   medqb-medallion-qa-january-2014.jpg