View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 05:21 AM
JulieW8

I picked up a bunch of hand-knit and crochet throws and table toppers at an estate sale. I asked one of the children why they weren't keeping their mother's beautiful handmade things and was told she was so prolific, all the children and grandchildren already had a houseful of things she'd done - they simply couldn't absorb any more, so they decided to let some go.

While I wish people would attach more value to what they put into anything hand-crafted, I kind of understand the mentality. If you like crafting, you have to have SOME outlet for the end product or you'll end up with a house packed to the gills. I helped clean out the home of a needlepointer after she died. There were dozens of projects that were done, then put into storage, usually in the original plastic bag (complete with leftover thread, and instructions). Think of your children! I figure my children will have enough work to do dealing with my supplies and stash - they shouldn't have to deal with things I make then put in plastic bins. I'd rather sell something (or donate it) than make it and never have it used.