View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:51 PM
SueSew

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
OK, I bought a June Taylor Pro @ JAF for Xmas and I am very disappointed in it. I have to struggle to get my rotary cutter into the slots. I had come across this item in a post on QB and told my friend in Texas (also a member of the board) about the post. She bought both sizes immediately.

My questions are
Where did you buy it?
What size did you buy?
What color did you get?
How much pressure do you have to put on the ruler??
How difficult is it to change from looking at lines on a ruler to using the grid on the mat??

I just don't want to buy anything that won't work for me. I have lost over half of my motor coordination but I am still making just tops for charity. You have to have something to do when you become disable !! I have NEVER cut myself with a rotary cutter but now I am really concern with safety!! THANKS
Maniac, I have the JT slot ruler - the big one - and I love it. That said, I did not love it when I was using the blue Fiskars either-hand rotary cutter because it won't let you get the cutter into the slot properly. Boy did I gakk up my JT. When light dawned over Marblehead here, I bought myself an Olfa which for some reason works perfectly. In fact both the 45 and the 60 Olfas work great. Don't throw the ruler out - try a new cutter!