Old 01-24-2014, 06:42 AM
Yosamitesa

So...I made it to work and at almost 8 also. Took me 45 minutes to get here, but I made it!!! Between where I live and oh...the rest of Houston, there is a HUGE bridge crossing over the San Jacinto River. Well, I was on the access road (frontage road) going slow...got to the bridge and everyone STOPPED!!! While sitting there, I saw the freeway and about every minute to minute and a half I saw someone go slidding across the freeway becuase they don't know how to drive on the ice on the bridges. Morons was all I could think. After I passed a truck that had hit the side of the bridge I was on, I got in the right hand lane (where no one was) and took it 5 and 10 mph and made it to my exit. Then, my co-worker called me freeked out...she was on that bridge. I talked her how to drive on the ice and told her to look for that truck and then get in the right hand lane and go slow, but that she should make it no problem. She made it in the office and gave me a big hug for talking her through how to drive on ice. The 2 overpasses my hubby could take to work...well, they were CLOSED this morning. Why Texas feels the need to build these overpasses like 40 or 50 feet in the air (I know they are not that high but still)...I have no idea...I guess they feel things need to be BIGGER in Houston. The icy rain/sleet/snow has stopped and the clouds are moving out. Hoping this dries out some before we plummet into the 20's again tonight. So...lets see how many more sign-ups we can get before noon!!!