Thread: Selling Items
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 09:48 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

For several years I made quilted items to be sold at my church's Harvest Fair in Nov., and those items were donated by me with the money going to the church. I've lost count of the number of bed size quilts I have made and donated, but I have also sold a few to the church to be raffled, one in particular was to be a wedding gift for my son; but since she called the wedding off one month before they were to be married. I had used more expensive quilt shop fabrics and since my DH was unemployed at the time, they were happy to pay me for the quilt and the church made a little over $2,000 for the quilt. When the church decided to offer tables to crafters, I opted to do that and I was thrilled with the extra money that I made, so I could do something special for myself that we couldn't have afforded otherwise. I don't know what I would do without my stash, especially when my DH became disabled and I was unable to find work. Quilting is my sanity and DH says I get "grumpy" when I don't quilt. I just finished a full size quilt for our DGD and only had to purchase fabric for the backing. I have also made many, many gifts for friends and family. I would suggest that you try getting a table at a craft fair, bazaar, etc. as suggested by Tartan. Go for it, you really have nothing to lose.