Old 01-26-2014, 06:40 AM
Yosamitesa

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm View Post
My partner and I have connected, squealed in delight and started planning. She (Kgoodhand) would like a 30's quilt, and I just happen to have a vintage 30's wedding ring top that seems to be calling for her! Now since the top is 95% done (needs some TLC and attention to edges), I am going to focus on the appropriate quilting and binding to make it shine for her. I usually FQM, and have done a lot of practicing to get decent at it. But I have also hand quilt, and this may just call for that touch. If my hands will take it, that is! I am terrible at pictures, but will have DH coach me ( again...) and will try really hard to update from time to time.
Dabbler, I have a Great Pyrenees too, so I know the fur level you live with! Her name is Gracie, but that is the only graceful thing about her. 130 lbs and thinks she is a lapdog. It is hard to keep things out of her reach when she is taller than the counters. But my 3 lb calico kitten (Truffle) has no fear and swats Gracie on the nose whenever she wants to. Love the furbabies.
Vintage...as in REAL 1930's not repros?!?!? I have some of those too. Mother-in-law was going to give them away but decided maybe I could do something with them. She also gave me a quilt top all hand cut and pieced from the 1800's. Trying to find a muslin backing and then into my lap quilting frame to hand quilt!!!