View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 04:52 PM
NanaCsews2

Not every machine performs just as another person's does. Perhaps you can get ahold of any service records the machine has.
I have the Ellegante and love it. Mine is not noisy and has never been in for repair except when I bought it (used at 17 months as a quilt shop demo). I had the auto needle mechanism replaced by Babylock as it was under warranty and a prong was bent. It has everything I need except the better lighting and the larger throat the higher end Babylocks have. I added a Mighty Bright and it is well lit. I took it in a year ago for cleaning and checking over, and the service tech said it will last another 30 years or more.
As for thread breaking, be sure to use a thinner weight thread. Needle always up when threading. Mine loves Isacord, Sulky, Aurifil, but does use 30 and 40 wts of other brands with no problems. Correct needle for the thread, keep it clean, adjust tension as necessary, and hopefully no problems.

I am very satisfied and happy with my Ellegante. I don't have to oil it and it sews beautifully.

Last edited by NanaCsews2; 01-26-2014 at 04:56 PM.