View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 02:05 PM
buslady

I caught up!!! What beautiful blocks I am seeing. I finished up my last F&F block last night, so will start on my S & E as soon as I clean up the mess! Only thing about these swaps is that I make such a mess of my fabric!! Gotta find that Perfect match for each fabric. It is hilarious to see my work area. I am learning to work with a smaller and smaller area. Not taht I don't have a nice big area, I have 2. Problem is I prefer to sew, not clean. Who else has this problem? My process is to reach in tthe envelope and grab out a squishey. That is the one I will work on. I take it back to my stash and find a few fabrics that work with it, then I look through magazines for a spark! Then it is off to the races! I may or may not use the fabric that came out with me, and I may or may not use the pattern I picked out. The fabric chooses it's own mate and they work together to pick a pattern. I just go along for the ride. I am loving seeing all the beautiful blocks and can't wait to see them all together. I have wanted to do a black and white quilt for a while now. I love all the star patterns, they are my favorites. And I love it when you look at a block and it seems to be "spinning" or turning or "popping". All that movement just by the placement of color. Not my forte!! Will post to this thread more often now that I am working on these blocks. Can't wait to get to know you all.