View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 12:19 PM
judykay

I am a hand quilter and I trace my design on pelon's wash away interfacing, baste it to my quilt top with either spray basting or glue stick. You only need to baste around the edges, you can also pin baste . I did a wedding gift using this method and now use it all yhe time. I did a huge feather heart design using this method and it was very easy to hand stitch thru. Just be sure it is not the pelon that feels like plastic, there are two differet kind. I traced the design on a plain sheet of paper then took it to a blue print shop and had them enlarge it on their paper to the size I wanted then retraced on the pelon. I over lapped the pelon a little in some places and taped it together before tracing. I went to the blueprint shop as it would cost a fortune to have it done at a copy store and they were unable to get it on a single sheet and you would need to tape all the sheets together like a puzzle. I also do a lot of red work embroidery and use the pelon in the same way. When finished it just washes out, however I cut away the excess pelon first.