View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:53 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

I just got back from the Ricky Tims seminar in Modesto and I fell off the wagon so hard I broke stuff (such as my resolve to not buy fabric!!!). I was a baaaaaaad girl. They don't make it easy on ya' - and that's my defense. For 2 1/2 days I had to walk by the vendor displays. No problem, I can walk by and just look, right? But then I got caught up in that rainbow of delicious hand-dyed fabrics, and I had to get a book autographed, and.... SO the way they handle it: You pick up what you "might" want to buy and the assistants put that in a bag with your name on the bag. You can leave the bag behind the counter until you are ready to check out. Here comes the crux: You can keep adding to the bag - because it has YOUR name on it. YIKES! Every day I was in a different mood and every day a different color way spoke to me as I made my way past that vendor booth. Let's say my bag got heavy. HEAVY - SIGH INDEED. They say that you don't HAVE to buy the things in the bag - but the damn thing had my name on it. OF COURSE I AM GOING TO BUY! Great marketing ploy.

Last edited by MadQuilter; 02-08-2014 at 08:56 PM.