View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 05:13 AM
quilttiger

[QUOTE=Kris P;6568036]I love my local library, too, but I've never basted there. I check out all the new quilting books to see if they are books I 'need' to purchase. I'm also able to suggest a purchase for the newly released books, or books that are not yet available on Amazon. The library orders them and sends me an email when my suggestion has arrived. At first I felt guilty about using the library in this way, but then I took a cruise down the romance fiction aisle, and realized that my suggestions were much better than any of those books![/QUOTE

There was a recent QB post about Nancy Zieman's biography, Seams Unlikely, so I tried to reserve it online. However, the library did not have it and it was not on order. Anyway, there is an option to reserve it no matter what, and so I did. I got an nice e-mail from the library asking for more information. I provided the link given in the QB post. A couple hours later, the library sent another e-mail saying the book was now ordered, and I would be the first one to borrow it!! I am reading it now and it is one of the better biographies I have ever read. Nancy includes comments from family and friends as special insets. This is a book you will enjoy reading.