Old 02-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Raggiemom

I hope it's coming along more smoothly for you

Originally Posted by mme3924 View Post
I'm struggling with a quilt that I'm rapidly growing tired of, and I began it for the worst of reasons, because I had 27 small HSTs I made from triangle scraps from a former project....in order not to throw them away. After looking at countless patterns on how to use these things, and buying more fabric to go with them (sometimes the idea of "saving" becomes unbelievably ironic!), I made several more and sewed them together as center pinwheels for a larger block. Well, HSTs--and pinwheels--and I don't always get along and some of the pinwheels are apparently too distorted to use, I discovered last night as I was sewing strips on all four sides. (The points didn't come out right where the strips join on some of them). Anyway, about to throw the whole mess in the trash because I was not about to make all the new HSTs I would need, I realized that I could salvage the quilt pattern by alternating the pinwheel center blocks with 4 patch center blocks, using the same fabric. I think it may look as if I planned it that way.....and if not, then I'll only be out a little time and effort and fabric, and can still throw it in the trash.

So that's what I'm working on today-- a "fix". If it looks okay, I'll post pictures later. If not, assume it's in the garbage pail. Although I never throw fabric away -- assuming there's a way around every mistake -- I've decided life is too short -- and I have too much other fabric -- to spend days on something with which I've become totally disenchanted and which is not working.

So that's my Virtual Quilt Weekend....or Saturday, anyway.....