View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 AM
Lanetta

It looks like I'm late to the party.... I so wish I had read this thread before buying my AQ18 - having so many problems just setting the entire thing up because (1) lack of instructions that apply to my machine/frame/QM combination, (2) lack of all parts needed to put it together for my combination that was sold to me in a package deal - I call and say I'm missing this/that and then I have to wait about a week for UPS to deliver, (3) initially a week delay in receiving the Gracie frame - the only thing that went together nicely, and (4) had to return QuiltMotion and get a new one - supposedly straight from Janome to retailer, then right out to me without opening. I get it, there are NO disks, instructions, NOTHING but parts (and 2 critical bolts weren't included) so it sits, waiting for Monday when I can call...

I've yet to even turn on the AQ18! Please, Dear Lord, let the machine work properly!

I really hated to make the first loan payment without even plugging in the machine! But, it's done. Moving on...

First question... how do you get the encoders to roll 100% of the time? Sometimes they roll, then stop rolling. I do have a washer between encoder and carriage, so it's not touching the carriage. Wondering what's causing it to be so "tight" and drag?

Any help would be a great thing!