View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by PBobbin13 View Post
Most of the older sergers have a thread specific threading order. If one thread breaks and it's not the last one that is normally threaded, you must remove all threads and start from the beginning.
Now that I've threaded mine a number of times, I've learned that with a little creativity you can get around this. If you watch (or take a photo of it completely threaded) you can see where in the thread path thread A needs to run behind thread B instead of in front of it. This is the main reason that they need to be threaded in a certain order. That said, if I break a looper thread, I don't rethread the needle threads and vice versa, so I should in theory only have a maximum of 2 threads to rethread on a 4 thread serger.

Originally Posted by great white View Post

Then i'll likely do something about the yellowed paint/plastic. I like the blue on the "professional" 14u's so I may do that with it. Or I might go more like the Ford "seafoam blue" on my 62 T-Bird. I still have some of that left in the can and it's such a nice unique color. Easy on the eyes too. A little prep work and a quick pass with the HVLP gun and its done. Or maybe a traditional "hot rod" flamed paint job. Yeah, I'm the "car guy"....
While I have nothing against blue, at all, ever... you may be interested in the RetroBright project. It uses peroxide and a few other ingredients to whiten yellowed plastic. I've done a small experiment with drug store strength peroxide and bought a bottle of stronger peroxide based on the results I saw.

Originally Posted by great white View Post
Will do.

Standby for when I receive it.

Only thing in AB for me would be Edmonton and I have no desire to be there any time soon...no offense intended to any edmontonians on the board.

Not every place is for everybody.

Will do! And thanks

Hey! I'm just north of Edmonton and I have no interest in Edmonton either. No offense taken.