Thread: Gray?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 07:55 AM
Bons

To me gray is a classic much like black, with gray being less cold or harsh. I find white crisp.

A beautiful amethyst looks striking along with the correct gray. White is too much. A slate teal is complimented aside a nice gray. I was worn out with navy and most blues growing up but when my daughter paired navy, a silvery blue, white and a calm gray I ate my words. Better Homes and Gardens had a paint display that we painted my daughters house. You have to look to see is that gray or is that taupe. Then every room changes with a guest bath in a soft victorian pink, soft white and the deep green from moss. Breakfast room starch white cafe curtains with turquoise & a hint of lime green. That navy in the living room, dining room something else. Master is amethyst and a bit darker gray that is comfortable to a female and male room. But gray anchors the entire house.

Isn't it funny as quilters what we look at for color inspiration? And our take on colors? Yellow is my enemy, unless it's so buttery that I don't see it glaring at me any longer!