View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 06:54 AM
Watson58

Default Davis Vertical Feed

This is my Davis Vertical Feed treadle sewing machine that has been sitting in my garage/storage for the past 18 yrs after purchasing for $20 at a thrift store in KCMO. I thought I needed the hardware for the lid that the chain fastens to for lifting the head up out of cabinet for sewing. Little did I know I had the hardware, just needed someone to repair where it had been ripped out of the wood. My neighbor recently did that for me and now I am cleaning up the machine, but it sews really good and I am using it. I am am slowly getting the dirty film off (slow process) without injuring the decals. Plan to get some Tuff Stuff people have spoke about and see it that helps. The bed part has a very bumpy texture on it, so not sure it will clean up. I really like the feed system of this mach as it does not have feed dogs. Can't figure out why other brands didn't use this system 100+ yrs ago like the Davis did. I now have two treadles going, this one and the White Rotary. Loving both of them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]463489[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]463490[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails davis-vertical-feed-sewing-mach001.jpg   davis-vertical-feed-sewing-mach003.jpg