Old 02-27-2014, 10:16 AM
wolph33

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
I am vegan, for the last 2 years, after being a vegetarian for about 35 years. I do take a B complex daily, high in B-12 because you can only get that in red meat. I am healthy, as a matter of fact, at now 64 grand years, my eye doctor told me to keep up my lifestyle, I am mono-vision 20-20 and he can see via my eyes I am super healthy. Vegan isn't difficult, when I feel I need protein I add legumes to my meals. I eat a variety of nuts, avoid grains because they contribute to inflammation, and snack on fruits and veggies. I have a ton of energy because animal products slow your digestion. Once you transition you will find you feel so much better. I am an animal fanatic, I don't put down meat eaters or hunters, but for the life of me I can't understand how someone can look at the innocence or beauty of an animal and then willfully hurt one, but that's me. Good luck, enjoy your transition as an adventure and investment in your future.
I have been vegetarian for 43 years and I am seriously looking into becoming vegan now too.I have health issues but not are from not eating meat.